The Artists’ Guild of Spartanburg is committed to supporting Fine Art education in our community. In keeping with our mission we:
Host an Annual Youth Juried Show for Spartanburg County K-12 students in March
Donate art supplies to local art teachers and students through our Angel Tree Program each December
Thanks to the generosity of Judy and Brant Bynum, who will fund this $500 Award each spring, the Artists’ Guild of Spartanburg can support Fine Art students in their passionate pursuit of a career in visual arts.
Yasmin Lee Announced as Winner of The 2021 Judy & Brant Bynum Fine Art Award
Congratulations to Yasmin Lee, Wofford College Studio Art Major and winner of the 2021 Judy & Brant Bynum Fine Art Award! The Judy & Brant Bynum Fine Art Award is offered to rising college juniors majoring in Fine Art (2D or 3D) at a college or university in Spartanburg, South Carolina. The award is based on both merit and need, yet weighted toward merit. Eligible applicants must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA and be currently enrolled at Spartanburg college or university.
The selected work is titled "Solitude", 2021 and is a digital collage (from New Media). We congratulate Yasmin and we wish her much more success on her creative endeavors! Check out Yasmin and her work on Instagram at
The Judy & Brant Bynum Fine Art Award
Judy and Brant Bynum with Wofford College student Yasmin Lee, the Winner of the 2021 Bynum Fine Art Award. Special thanks to the Bynums for creating this special art ward through the Artists’ Guild! (from left to right) Judy Bynum, Yasmin Lee, Brant Bynum.
"Solitude", 2021 Yasmin Lee
Entries for 2021 are closed.
The Judy & Brant Bynum Fine Art Award, of $500, is offered annually to rising college juniors majoring in Fine Art (2D or 3D) at a college or university in Spartanburg, South Carolina.
Eligible applicants must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA and be currently enrolled at Spartanburg college or university.
The Judy & Brant Bynum Fine Art Award is based on both merit and need, yet weighted toward merit.
● Students must currently be enrolled as an art major in his/her sophomore year at a Spartanburg college or university.
● Students must plan to continue their education at a Spartanburg college or university as an art major.
● Students must be a U.S. citizen.
● Entry criteria is defined as an original artwork that must be a completed, rendered visual composition originated by the applicant. Artwork can be 2D or 3D.
● Entries produced in collaboration with others are not eligible for this competition.
● A panel of professional visual artists will select the award recipient.
● The decision of the award panel is final.
● Artwork counts for 75 percent of the total score.
● Applicants must submit an Artist's Statement
For questions or additional information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
“An artist is not paid for his labor but for his vision.”