top of page

artists' guild juried show 2023

2023 juried show applications are closed

Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 10.58.50 AM.png



Dr. Mary E. Carlisle

Dr. Mary E. Carlisle was born in Greenville, South Carolina. She earned a BFA in Studio Art from Converse College and MFA in Studio Art from Lesley University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Additionally, she earned an MS in Arts Administration and EdD in Educational Leadership and Management with an emphasis in Creativity and Innovation from Drexel University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.


Dr. Carlisle currently serves as Assistant Professor of Art and Assistant Chair of Art and Design at Converse University. Additionally, she serves as the Program Coordinator for the BA in Studio Art and the Minor in Arts Administration. —

find out more about Dr. Carlisle at > 

Artists Prospectus 2022
Juried Show Important Dates

50th annual juried show prospectus



  • Applicants must be Artists’ Guild of Spartanburg Juried members.



Not a Juried member? Join now!

(Click the link below to join)...

 join as a juried member link > 


Fill out the juried show application.

2023 Applications are now closed 

Entry Guidelines 

  • Artists must identify entries as either 2-D or 3-D.


  • Two (2) pieces of original art may be entered.


  • Artists must submit only ONE image for 2-D entries but may submit TWO for 3-D entries.


  • Artists must designate the medium/media of each piece.


  • Art must be 24x30 or less and weigh less than 60 lbs.


  • All works to be hung must be securely wired and framed. No plastic frames, wired according to size and weight, acrylic should be free of scratches if used instead of glass.


  • Stretched canvas without a frame should be a gallery-wrapped canvas 1.5 inches in depth or deeper with professional, clean edges. Any canvas less than 1.5 inches should be framed. **Any work not meeting the requirements will be returned until requirements are met**


  • All art must be for sale. A 30% commission will be charged, with the artist remaining 70% from a sale.


  • Only digital entries will be considered. Entries will be submitted to from Feb. 22nd-March 18th 2022. No hand-delivered or mailed entries are accepted.


  • The Artists’ Guild will use the utmost care and respect in handling the artwork; however, it is the artist’s responsibility to insure the art during the show as well as while it is being transported to and from the exhibition.

  • The Artists’ Guild does not assume liability for damages resulting from broken glass or improperly prepared work, or loss or damages incurred up to the point of acceptance or after pick-up.

  • For publicity purposes, the Artists’ Guild reserves the right to photograph and reproduce any entry.

  • Receipt of an entry into the juried exhibition constitutes an agreement by the artist with all conditions set forth in this prospectus.

  • Sponsors and affiliates are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any equipment or programming associated or used in the juried exhibition or by any human or technical error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the juried exhibition, including, but not limited to, misprints or typographical errors.

Important Dates To Remember

  • Entries accepted Feb. 22nd - March 18th

  • Chosen artists will be informed on March 24th

  • Art Drop off will be Thursday, March 30th between 4-5 or Saturday, April 1st, between 2-3.

  • The show will hang from April 5th until April 28th.

  • An Artist Reception will be held and winners will be announced on April 20th between 5-8.

  • Art Pick up Sat., April 29th between 11-4 or Tues. May 2nd, between 11-5.

Juried Application 2023
Juried Show Application 2023 (Closed)
(You must join as a juried member before applying for Artists' Guild juried shows - Thank You!)
*Please submit examples of your work below.
Images must be in .jpg format, no larger than 5mbs ea., with a minimum 350 dpi resolution.
If files are larger, please email files to
Artists must submit only one image for 2-D entries but may submit two for 3-D entries.
Upload File #1
Upload File #2
Upload File #3
Upload File #4

Thanks for submitting!

bottom of page